TING - Tioga Investigates Natural Gas
56 Main Street
Owego NY 13827
Tioga County Planning Director - Elaine Jardine
Tioga Investigates Natural Gas (TING) was formed to help the County prepare for and assess the potential public impacts and opportunities related to natural gas drilling. Additionally TING wanted to provide planning resources for the municipalities of Tioga County. To accomplish this, the TING Steering Committee is comprised of a broad spectrum of representatives and steak holders including:
- The Tioga County Legislature
- The Council of Governments "COG" (representing all towns and villages)
- Landowner Coalitions
- Farm Bureau of NY
- Cornell Cooperative Extension "CCE" of Tioga County
- Rural Economic Area Partnership "REAP"
- Tioga County Planning Department
- Tioga County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Tioga County Chamber of Commerce (representing the private business sector)
- The Environmental Management Council
- Tioga County Geographical Information Systems "GIS"
Please use the "phone" menu on the left to find additional information and resources.
Please be sure to visit this site often for updates and new information.