Child Support Enforcement
The Child Support Enforcement Unit (CSEU) is mandated under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act to ensure that legally responsible persons, to the best of their ability, contribute toward the support of their children. The CSEU office is located at 20 Court Street, Owego with an intake worker located at the main DSS office five days per week. The CSEU's responsibilities include:
- Locating absent parents and putative fathers.
- Establishing paternity for children born out-of-wedlock.
- Establishing a fair and equitable order of support.
- Collecting, accounting for, and disbursing child support payments.
- Enforcing support orders should the legally liable parent become delinquent in paying support.
- Establishing and enforcing medical support obligations.
- Periodically reviewing and adjusting child support orders to ensure support obligations continue to be fair and equitable.
Client help line 1-888-208-4485
Click Here for More Information: New York State Child Support Enforcement