Notice of RFP for Design and Engineering Services
Last Updated: 5/18/2021
NOTICE OF RFP FOR DESIGN AND ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE FOX ROAD APALACHIN NY CULVERT REPLACEMENT:
The Tioga County SWCD is requesting proposals for Engineering and Design services for a complete design to replace the Fox Rd, Apalachin (Town of Owego) culvert.
This Request for Proposal represents the requirements for an open and competitive process. Proposals will be accepted until 4:30 pm EST June, 25 2021. Any proposals received after this date and time will be returned to the sender. All proposals must be signed by an official agent or representative of the company submitting the proposal.
Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this RFP. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by Tioga County’s attorney and will include scope, budget, schedule, and other necessary items pertaining to the project.
The Tioga County SWCD reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, to re-advertise for new bids, or to waive any formalities in connection with any bid.
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals from various engineering firms to provide the following deliverables on a culvert design on Fox rd. in Apalachin NY. Tioga County SWCD will require:
- An Engineering Assessment that conforms to state requirements of Title 6 of NY Rules and Regulations, Part 673.13, NRCS National Operation & Maintenance Manual Formal Inspection and, and American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials Load Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) Bridge Design Specifications, with interim revisions, and the NYSDOT Highway Design Manual.
- A 100% engineered design fully considering up and downstream impacts including all necessary field surveys, hydrology and hydraulics analysis, a full materials specifications for the culvert replacement design, headwalls, wing walls and all appurtenances associated with the design for the culvert replacement, including any instream structures, bank protection, natural installations to protect the culvert, stream approach and aquatic organism passability.
- All proposals in response to this RFP are due no later than 4:30 pm EST June, 25 2021.
- Evaluation of proposals will be conducted from June, 28 2021 – July, 7th, 2021. If additional information or discussions are needed with any bidders during this one week window, the bidder(s) will be notified.
- The selection decision for the winning bidder will be made no later than July 9th, 2021.
- Upon notification, the contract negotiation with the winning bidder will begin immediately.
- Notifications to bidders who were not selected will be completed by July 12th , 2021.
Contact Mike Jura at the Tioga County SWCD 607-687-3553 or [email protected] to arrange for a digital copy of the RFP.