The Office of the District Attorney represents the citizens of Tioga County and the People of the State of New York in the prosecution of all vehicle & traffic and criminal offenses committed within the County. District Attorney Kirk Martin and his assistants appear on behalf of the People in County Court, Drug Treatment Court and the County’s 16 local town and village magistrate courts, as well as all post-conviction litigation in the appellate courts.
Visitors may be seen by appointment only.
The District Attorney's office DOES NOT grant adjournments. Only the Court may grant an adjournment.
If you received a traffic ticket(s) in Tioga County, you may be eligible for our Traffic Diversion program. Traffic Diversion is entirely voluntary, but it has many benefits over going to court for your tickets:
Participation is easy.
First, determine if you are eligible. Click on the link at the bottom of the page to see if your ticket(s) are eligible.
If you are eligible, complete the 5 simple steps below within 30 days:
1. Notify the Court you will be participating in Traffic Diversion, and ask for a 40 day adjournment of your case so you can complete all the necessary steps within the 30 day requirement.
2. Complete any 6 hour online driver safety course. Classes can be found at https://dmv.ny.gov/pirp/online. There is usually a fee of $25-$35 to take this class, and you will receive a certificate after completion.
3. Fill out the fillable, online application.
4. Upload copies of your tickets and your completed course certificate.
5. Pay an application fee with your credit or debit card online using our secure GovPay.net.
The fee is based on the number of tickets you have
($200 for 1 ticket + $80 for each additional ticket)
*there is an additional transaction fee of 3% paid to GovPay.net for processing your fee payment*
Assuming everything is in order, after we receive your submission we will send the court an email dismissing your ticket(s) and copy you on the email.
New York State Police-Apalachin
Sergeant Jason Cawley
2354 State Route 434
Apalachin, NY 13732
Village of Owego Police Department
Chief Michael Telfer
90 Temple Street
Owego, NY 13827
Village of Waverly Police Department
Chief Daniel Gelatt
32 Ithaca Street
Waverly, NY 14892
Village of Candor Police Department
Candor, NY 13743
Village of Spencer Police Department
79 East Tioga Street
Spencer, NY 14883
Tioga County Sheriff’s Office
Sheriff Gary W. Howard
103 Corporate Drive
Owego, NY 13827
EMERGENCIES: Dial 911
Main Office: 607-687-1010, 607-565-2213, 607-754-2515
Jail Division: 607-687-8463
Criminal Inv.: 607-687-8462